The Glow Centre is a private allied health practice in Kenmore, in Brisbane’s western suburbs. The Glow Centre was originally established in 2013 as Melissa Kent Psychology, by clinical psychologist Melissa Kent in Melbourne, Victoria. Melissa and the practice relocated to Brisbane in 2016. The practice has grown steadily since then, establishing a reputation for excellence in building relationships with clients and other services in the community, and achieving excellent outcomes for its clients.
The Glow Centre offers allied health services including psychology, clinical social work and group psychotherapy, with the aim of helping people find their glow after whatever storm life has thrown at them.
Why Choose Us..?
• Highly trained and experienced clinicians – all of our clinicians have masters-level qualifications, years of experience, and have focused on particular areas of interest that they know exceptionally well
• We treat common issues such as depression, anxiety and stress, as well as conditions requiring more specialised interventions including Borderline Personality Disorder and Eating Disorders
• Standalone Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) skills training groups
• We focus not on just treating symptoms, but helping you achieve wellness – your ‘glow’
• Warm, welcoming rooms furnished for comfort and confidentiality
To provide a safe, supportive space to help our clients develop a deep understanding of themselves, their patterns and their relationships, and to help our clients develop strategies, grounded in clinical excellence, for making a life worth living.
Our Vision and Values
The team at The Glow Centre strives to be the ‘go to’ psychology and allied health practice for individuals and families in the Western suburbs of Brisbane and beyond. We offer therapy for adolescents and adults encompassing our values of: